Pages

Sunday 8 April 2012

DIARY - 2nd April to 8th April 2012

This week has been about three things…
1. Freak snow storms that ruin all our Wednesday plans,
2. A first milestone birthday for the littlest member of our family,
3. Trying to stick to a diet when all around me cake mix lurks.

This week I only worked two days and one of those was spend brainstorming. It’s strange but even though I have only been back at work three months I really need a break to recharge my batteries. Not that my busy week allowed that, sigh, ha ha.

I reaffirmed this week that I can’t bake. I think I wittered about my cakes earlier in the week (Tuesday)… they had holes in the middle and tasted like egg. I am so glad that I decided to have a trial run as I was able to seek advice from my super cake making friends and thus adjust my recipe accordingly. When I made my second trial on Wednesday afternoon it turned out so well that I thought, ha!, and iced it up as the real thing. It turned out amazing! I felt so proud, have a look at yesterday’s post and see for yourself. :)

Another thing about Wednesday, other than my cake prowess, is we had six inches of snow! It was the strangest thing. The week before we had temperatures that encouraged the pale peacocking youths to walk about topless and mid this week… blizzards! Me and my mother had planned a morning of shopping but that was out. And as my car was in the garage later that day it meant I spent a bit of time stomping through the village in my snow boots. By six o’clock almost all of it had melted away and we didn’t see a return of it as the storm headed south. Phew.

Friday was the big birthday. I really can’t believe that my baby is ONE already. She is even walking now (when she can be bothered) and that feels like a huge achievement. We had lots of party food, a whole stack of presents for her to open and of course the cake. It was a great day. I don’t think she really understood what it was all about but she loved all the attention anyway.

And today is Sunday and I am typing this diary in the car as we travel down to the in law’s second of the country for continued birthday celebrations and some Easter fun. I cant wait for them all to see how much Katharine has grown and developed since they saw her in January.

And that is my week. Busy but a good busy if you know what I mean? :)

My advice for next week… if you have a electric cake mixer, just use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...