Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

Musings - Mama Kat's Workshop (23rd June 2010)

Create a bucket list of 50 things you want to do this summer (with or without the kids!)

When I looked at the writing prompts for this week I was like, whoop whoop (Clueless style, if I was a ditzy blonde American rather than... well... just a ditzy blonde). I could choose to write about parenting, which I love, take a photograph, which I love and write a poem, dead easy.
 
But I joined Mama Kat's Writing Workshop to try and challenge myself and sitting cross legged on the bean bag of my comfort zone isn't going to achieve that. So I chose to write the list of things to do because even though I love lists I always run out of ideas before I reached the number targeted.
 
So here goes... stand by... 50 things I want to do this summer (in no particular order):
  1. Take Rohan to the beach,
  2. Try (and no doubt fail) at my first foray into fake tan,
  3. Loose half a stone (baby steps...),
  4. Sort out my hard drive,
  5. Up root the garden and reslab it,
  6. Alphabetise my book room... I am starting to duplicate,
  7. Finish Katharine's name sign,
  8. Book to see a band in November,
  9. Buy my friend a fantastic 30th birthday present,
  10. Get the husband to read a book,
  11. Watch Ugly Betty from start to finish,
  12. Dare to wheel the pram AND the pooch the mile to my mother's,
  13. Decorate the master bedroom,
  14. Drag out the oven and clean behind it,
  15. Scrub myself drama queen style after being behind the oven,
  16. Find a route to the White Rose Centre that doesn't involve the motorway,
  17. Read 'I am Number 4',
  18. Find the perfect homemade soup recipe,
  19. Take the old jigsaws to the charity shop,
  20. Enrol Katharine at the library,
  21. Make my own Sushi,
  22. Make the photo book for Katharine,
  23. Teach Rohan not to bark when I turn the car engine off,
  24. Visit Haworth for 1960s weekend,
  25. Go to a Bradford theatre,
  26. Write some more of my budding novel 'Bright Side',
  27. Cook a Sunday roast,
  28. Get a french manicure,
  29. Make a list of our DVDs (all the hundreds of them),
  30. Work out how much we are spending on nappies and milk,
  31. Read 'The Scarlet Pimpernel',
  32. Find a course that I want to study in September,
  33. Find out when the local Infant schools are having open days,
  34. Meet my work colleagues for lunch,
  35. Find some alphabet flash cards,
  36. Get the car's indicator fixed,
  37. Try on my wedding dress and see if it still fits,
  38. Take more photographs using the camera instead of the iPhone,
  39. Sort out my wardrobe and get rid of anything I haven't worn in a year,
  40. Stalk Toby Stephens (I wish),
  41. Wax the leather sofa,
  42. Re-home the random tree that has started growing in our garden,
  43. Try 5 new foods that I have never eaten before,
  44. Go a month without ordering a Chinese takeaway,
  45. Figure out why Kris can't choose between Matt or Junior? (Wildfire),
  46. Dance in the rain,
  47. Book a trip away to avoid above mentioned rain,
  48. Write, write, write and blog, blog, blog,
  49. Make myself a list of things to do this summer (oh yeah just done that!),
  50. Enjoy every minute of Katharine as she is growing up so fast.
Wow, I actually made it to 50!!!!!!!!!!
So what would be your list???

Mama’s Losin’ It

4 comments:

  1. Free directory of companies for find manufacturers of heavy engines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list...thanks for stopping by and reading mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I can never quite get as many as I shoot for...As long as it's 10 or less, I manage :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can help with number 16 - give me a shout if you want me to send the route! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...