Pages

Sunday 26 June 2011

Musings - The art at the top...

It occurred to me, when I was previewing yesterday's post, that I have never explained the picture logo that sits at the top of my blog. It is actually a painting that I did in my teenage years which I have texturised using my ever favourite paint shop.

I loved to paint when I was younger. In fact I think I just loved creating, be that photographs, painting and of course writing. Here is a photograph of the original painting.


I liked Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' and this was my Yorkshire version with dry stone wall, heather and a Shepherd's delight sunset. What you can't tell from the photo is that I used an old piece of board which I texturised using a build up of string and kitchen towel. The paints are oils and acrylics as well as oil pastels.

So what do you think? Could I have been an artistic contender? :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...