Pages

Saturday 15 May 2010

Diary - May 7th to 13th 2010

Diary - 7th to 13th May

This week has been about three things…
1. A very full weekend indeed,
2. Being trained, and trained so well that I completed months of work in two hours,
3. Getting flustered and realising a crush is still a crush.

Saturday was full of filmtastic fun.

After taking the bus, very old school, to Huddersfield we trekked around the town to the Odeon Cinema. First up we watched ‘The Last Song’; based on a Nicholas Sparks novel and as expected a steady watch with a lake of tears at the end. Miley Cyrus did herself proud as did Greg Kinnear as the ailing father. It wasn’t a bold and action packed couple of hours but I definitely came out wanting to read the book.

After a lunch of make your own pizza and cookie dough ice cream we headed back into the darkness for ‘The Back Up Plan’. Now I have to admit this film could have been absolutely awful and I wouldn’t have noticed; the second Alex O’Loughlin is on screen I don’t really pay attention to anything else. Bit of a crazed fan really though not on a stalker level. I can’t afford stalking on my wages. :) The film was entertaining in a typical fluffy Jennifer Lopez way and surprisingly the two of them worked well together. She was much more believable with Alex O than Ralph F. Anyway as a package I liked it and will probably purchase the DVD. My friend hated it, “It was full of the two things I hate most in the world… pets and kids”. I know what you are thinking, I own a dog and an IVF schedule, and so I agree she couldn’t have been more insensitive. Tut.

Sunday saw me in Leeds wandering between a strange boat pub and the university building that was housing the first LS INK Tattoo Convention. The £15 entrance fee was ridiculous considering that inside were only 5 tattooing stalls, 3 pierces, 2 clothes stalls and some sort of noise coming from a staging area hidden somewhere near the bar. It was good to watch all the tattooing and to see all the designs that I would never have but still the price was a lot for very little. I took my camera with me in anticipation of capturing something entertaining but it only came out of my bag for ten minutes and that was while my sister in law got inked. I have posted the photos in a previous blog. Apparently there is a convention in Doncaster over the summer… might ask what will be there this time before I hand over my Queens.

In the middle of the week I had a training day, a whole day learning a new system so that I can devise timetables and get them up loaded. It wasn’t as difficult as I expected, the system is relatively easy which is surprising for a workplace that insists on making processes as convoluted as possible. The strange part of the day was that HE was there, sitting next to me, unsettling me, no doubt doing it on purpose. I really need to get a grip on my reactions; I am a married woman not a fourteen year old girl with a crush. There is so much more that I could write here but I guess I will have to keep this to myself.

My final exam was Thursday 5.30 – 8.30 in the evening. A red hot room, a power surge that turned of all the lights and the computers loosing twenty minutes of solid typing… yet I think that it went okay. Time will tell.

Next week… I will be in Haworth as the turn back the clocks to 1940!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...