Pages

Friday 28 May 2010

Diary - May 21st to 27th 2010

Diary – 21st to 27th May

This week has been about three things…
1. Searching for Compo amongst the cobbles and the cafes,
2. Losing interest in the week in excited anticipation of almost a week off work,
3. Old married folks? Us?

I haven’t really paid much attention to this week; in fact, other than a couple of days which were busy doing exciting things I can not for the life in me remember anything else. It’s shocking really. I’m not an old woman… I should be able to at least track back seven days!

Oh well, here is what I do remember…

Saturday was one of the hottest days of the year so far and once again found me in the Piece Hall. This time I didn’t have my book but instead my friend, our magazines, a delicious Goats cheese and caramelised onion sandwich and a tub of factor 30 sun cream. This week there were no weird and wonderful celebrations going on within those historical walls but while eating our Thornton’s Ice cream we did see the start of the TVR convention that was to be on the next day. Nice cars but then I always feel disappointed when you see the drivers and find then either to be old men wearing shorts, white socks and trainers or young men so in love with themselves that they actually make you feel tired.

Towards the end of the weekend I conned my parents into coming to Holmfirth with me, himself and the pooch. For those of you who don’t recognise the town’s name it was the location at which they filmed ‘The Last of the Summer Wine’. The café is still there and running, the steps which Nora swept are still being climbed and the overall welcoming atmosphere has not been diminished. It is a lovely village, the day was scorching and the Fish and Chips we purchased were pretty good. Sometimes I forget that by living in Halifax I am surrounded by some wonderful places which through entertaining filming have been shared with others around the world.

It is the next three days that went by in a blur, most likely because I knew I was going to be off work come Thursday meaning my time was busily spent tying up my work so that it could easily be followed whilst I was away.

Thursday was the first day of my ‘holiday’ but more importantly our 4th wedding anniversary. Time has flown by so fast and, while I might not have enjoyed every minute of it, it has been entertaining. We started the day with a Norland walk with the Rohan complete with the treat of a big bacon, sausage and egg sandwich. Absolutely perfect! After we dropped the fuzz ball at her grandma’s we sped on to Huddersfield to the Cinema. After a pizza lunch, we bought our tickets and completed our ‘date’ with The Prince of Persia.

The film itself was a lot better than I had expected, not being a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal I was a little sceptical. But I loved it, everything about it was entertaining, everything about it that I had been dubious about held its own. Visually stunning, well acted (apart from Ben Kingsley’s beard), and with a storyline that was both interesting and well thought out. I recommend it.

Next week… will be all about injecting myself… eeek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...