Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

Snippet - Old? Me? How did that happen...

Today I turned 31. I feel slightly blindsided by it. I mean 31!

When I turned 30 it didn't seem too bad, it was the lid on the twenties sure but it wasn't screwed down tight, I could still peep back if I needed to. I was still so close to being 29 that for at least half the year my decisions made as a twenty something carried over. I could still grasp at the straws of my just after youth years.

31 feels strangely like I have tightened that lid, put it in a box, taped it up and posted it off to the archive storage facility that holds my energy and unwrinkled forehead. I swear when I woke up this morning my varicose veins were bigger, my boobs a little more relaxed and I am convinced there was something wrong with the bathroom mirror as that haggard old witch staring back can't possibly be me.

I groan louder too when I get up... oh dear.

But I think the thing that is getting to me most is that another year has passed where I have slacked through my life. Sure I had a baby, that's a huge non slacking thing to do, but I am no closer to getting done all the things I want to get done.

Am I going to wake up tomorrow and open nicely decorated 40 cards and realise that I have blinked through another decade?

I hope not.

Let's hope that the thirties are the new twenties... I will not get old! I am determined...

I might age, but I refuse to get old! :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...