Pages

Thursday 4 February 2010

Musings - Welcome Peach

One of my closest friends gave birth on the 3rd of February to a healthy and beautiful baby boy. I haven’t seen him yet but I know he will be a peach just like his mum (or I guess a big rugby playing peach like his dad). His name is George.

While I can't wait to meet George I feel a little apprehensive about how I might feel. Selfish I know but I don’t want to always look at him and remember how heartbroken I felt. Neither do I want to do a Stacy special and be devoid of any emotion as I think both him and my friend deserve more than that.

This will be my ultimate test. I will have to put three years of longing and disappointment and heartbreak into my hypothetical box and store it in the pocket of my heart. Someday, somewhere in my future I can only dream of being the mother of a new born and sending out messages of arrival for my own little peach.

But I welcome George for I love him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...