Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Diary - February 12th to 18th 2010

Diary – Feb 12th to 18th

This week has been about three things…
1. Finding blue people strangely attractive
2. A family do and the memories it conjured
3. The library and its Revelations

We went to see Avatar for Valentine’s Day. Well, actually we went on Friday the 12th as I had booked a day off but the romance was there hidden in the cheesy nachos and the giant sized Pepsi Max. The film was amazing. It took me a while to get used to the 3D glasses but once my seasickness had disappeared I was in awe. Sam Worthington, while not instantly heartthrob material, was interesting and well worth the watch. His character portrayal was real and three dimensional (ha ha) even when he was a blue alien with a long tail and tiny loin cloth. What struck me about the film was that, despite the science and the destruction of the planet, it was actually very romantic. Well done Mr Cameron… again.

I spent some time in the library this week. I had my laptop out with its fast decreasing battery, my Creative Zen whispering The Fray in my ears and my chosen books surrounding me. I am currently working on a project about Angels. Hence, I was surrounded with Bibles, books about Saints and even a Guide to Channelling your hidden Guardian. I got some funny looks but at least I was able to stop myself from reading out loud from Revelations. I am pleased to note that my knowledge of The Seals is no longer limited to the time I spend watching Supernatural.

There was also a family do. My Uncle’s something birthday. There were nibbles and music, random people who looked vaguely familiar from shindigs past and music from the 50s which always comes hand in hand with these types of occasions. It was fun. We all swapped tattoo stories, my mother got giddy and we sang a little.

“Keep your mind on your driving, keep your hands on the wheel,
and keep your beady eyes on the road ahead. Cos we’re having fun,
sitting in the back seat, kissing and a hugging with Fred.”

“Oh Freddie!”

Next week… I finally get to see George!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...