Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Musings - Mama Kat's Workshop (17th November 2011)

Write a love letter to an inanimate object...

Dear My Being Erica DVD Box Set,

Since watching you on E4 at the beginning of the year I have been mesmerised. Your characters are interesting, your theme tune catchy, enticing and your title fonts so easy and exciting to read.

When you arrived for my birthday I was so overwhelmed, three series all in one parcel. I was breathless with the anticipation of a tv marathon. I envisioned us curled up on the sofa with coffee, chocolate and an (itchy) blanket.

Who cares that when I turned you over to read your blurb you turned out to be dutch (the wonders of eBay) or that when I eventually put you in my DVD player all your titles were merely a mixtutre of a lack of vowels. I know that it took me four episodes to figure out how to turn off your foreign subtitles but that only made me love you more. I love a challenge, you see.

Your plastic case, your sky blue cover, your shiny disks inside... oh my Being Erica Boxset...

Please be mine for ever (even though technology will change and you will be obsolete)...

All my affection...

Stacy xxx

2 comments:

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...