Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Musings - Adaptations...

I have been inspired this week by a modern day adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.

It is my favourite fairy tale and I try to read and watch as many different versions of it as I can. As I said, this week I was inspired and that inspiration came in the form of 'Beastly' by Alex Flinn. Not only was I entertained by the modern plot but the characters were both easy to like and by the end of the book I felt that I knew who they were and what they had achieved.

Not able to put it down I read all 300 pages on Friday which had been a personal goal as I was to see the movie version of the book at the cinema the day after. While the film was not an exact copy I was able to appreciate that the changes they had made were an improvement to transfer the story from page to screen.

I will not go into detail as, this being a well known tale, I do not want to spoil the magic of Flinn's adaptation. But I will say please read the book and make sure that by cinema or DVD you make sure that you set eyes on Alex Pettyfer in the staring role. I only hope he did the author proud.

:) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...